Sunday, January 22, 2006

Testing times


A bit like David, I've been snowed under with marking. I don't suppose it comes as much of a consolation to students sitting exams (like Stephen), but some poor member of staff (I nearly typed something else) has to mark their efforts. And the ability of students to avoid securing easy marks by doing the obvious thing (that you've probably told them to do and demonstrated for them) constantly amazes me. However, I've just got a few more second year assignments to mark, and then it's back to the 1001 other things I'm supposed to spend my time doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hello Paul

The marking is finished and like you I am quite impressed at the efforts students go to in order to avoid doing what will get them the "easy marks". We don't hide the marking criteria, they are published along with the assignment descriptor, and yet...

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home